Tuesday 8 April 2014

Weary traveller

I managed to get almost everything done that I'd had in mind today, and since that included the two-and-a-half hour drive down to Cambridge to help out a friend, that seems good enough. And I'm sort of in the process of arranging a brief visit with my aunt, since it's been far too long since I last saw her.

Not a lot of writing, though - the drive was tiring and time on both ends was mostly occupied with cleaning and tidying and packing. I did listen to the first half of Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds in the car though, and now clearly need to go back and slip a couple of references to that into Dryden. Very easily done.

Otherwise, sort of stalled and tired and in that stare-at-the-page-and-hope-words-happen sort of state. It's always annoying when that happens, but it's worse when I know what needs to happen next, it's just that fingers and brain can't even seem to form the concept of words, never mind find the right ones to put down. So I'm going to sleep, and try again tomorrow when I have more brainpower and time.

2 comments:

  1. Your aunt was extremely pleased and honoured to see you today! A good few hours chat, discussion and perhaps a slight insight into who and why you are! Love you Lali or Lea and perhaps will never call you by your given name again xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh. It was really lovely to see you; thank you for having me. (: And don't worry, I'll answer to pretty much anything these days. ;)

      Delete