Sunday 16 March 2014

The geeks shall inherit the Earth

Today I made it round to see friends and help with a few chores again, which is always good, and even made it into town for another friend's birthday get-together. Since he's cool and clearly has good taste in people, I manged to get on well with the Doctor Who fans on my table, and we had a very pleasant geeky chat (they even bought my drink, wonderful sweet people that they were), while everybody attempted to eat ten little plates of sushi or assorted Japanese goodies. I tried the odd bit from other people's plates when they were getting too full to finish them, and am cautiously expanding my food tolerance to include some Japanese dishes now. Still not sushi, though. I like my fish battered and vinegared beyond all recognition, ta.

I wasn't eating, partly because when we left I went back to my friends' and had dinner there. They'd been torturing a gammon joint in a slow cooker and cider all day, and good grief it came out well. Practically fell apart when you tapped it with a fork. I may have to try slow cooker stuff at some point.

Obsessed with food, moi? Never.

Oh, and also, I clearly have the best friends, because after an outpouring of wails and lust on Twitter for a couple of t-shirts on sale a few weeks ago, I have been given both. Twice. Because my people are amazing. So now I have FOUR extra Loki t-shirts, bringing my total to six, so I shall never have to go without again. Fortunately for everyone, the two new Loki designs are so pretty I am absolutely sure I'll want to wear them a lot, so having duplicates is a very good thing; I do have a tendency to wear my best shirts to death, and it would be a very great shame to kill Loki off too soon. In a manner of speaking.

And I even managed to change my sheets and put away all the pots and pans in the kitchen, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment