Tuesday 11 March 2014

Today's good stuff includes chocolate, doughnuts, and longbows

I think last night I actually managed to get enough sleep for once. I can't remember when I last woke up feeling actually refreshed. Mind you, since I generally can't remember what I did 24 hours previously, these days, that's not really saying all that much.

Still, today I managed to get not one, but two birthday cards sent off on time, which makes a change. But hey, my Gran turns 89 tomorrow... There's nothing terrifying about that, honest.

I also managed to get out and about (on time, again) and help friends get to doctor's appointment and get a couple of other chores done, as well as delivering the recipe card. It's always nice to hang out with them, and H paid me well in doughnuts and dinner and Son of Rambow (which had us both laughing out loud more than once).

Also I tried a bar of Galaxy Honeycomb chocolate, since it was on offer. Can pretty safely say I much prefer Cadbury's, for some reason. I think Galaxy is somehow slightly more sickly-sweet. So there's that. Not to worry, I still have most of a ridiculous stockpile of excessively cheap post-Christmas sale chocolate. I think I still have eight bars of the "Snowy Delight" vanilla cream filled bars... I'm not going to be in need any time soon.

Oh, and yesterday I emailed the local archery group, to ask if they could accommodate wooden longbow, since all the photos on their website tended towards modern recurves and telescopes to check their shots (pah!) and today I got the response: yes, we have others and would love to have you, come along! So I must retrieve my longbow and arrows and kit from Carlisle and see what I can do. The good weather and outdoor season is starting, too, so I'd be able to shoot at 40 yards, which was always my distance. It's been too long.

Meanwhile, Tick Tock progresses, though still too slowly. Scenes are less treacle-pit and more sidetracked by unexpected character interaction and exterior distraction, today. I think tomorrow I'll have to dedicate much of the day to it, though the kitchen needs doing too. Ah, housework, steadfast and unfailing whenever I need an excuse to procrastinate. What would I do without it?

"Get more writing done" is probably an overly optimistic answer there.

No comments:

Post a Comment